ENGINEERING — BROOKLYN, NY
SENIOR ENGINEERApply Today
Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people would enjoy every day. We are a product first company, and we believe all great businesses get to make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoes. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customer.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a small team of diverse people interested in shoes and chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoes, we care deeply about our friends and customers and how they feel about and interact with the Atoms brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack engineer to join our growing team. You are an engineer that has great experience building web applications and has a passion for owning some architectural decisions as well. You have the ability to adapt quickly and a desire to learn about all functions of the business, from shoe design to web design.
Your work will have a great impact on the brand, marketing, finance, supply chain, and the customer’s experience. This is a remarkable opportunity to help shape the engineering team and our growing brand.
YOU WILL DO
- Have a passion for fostering other developers and building a team.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process. Planning, programming, testing, deploying and maintenance.
- This is a full stack position so you’ll be working on different parts of the system; back-end and front-end.
- You’ll work cross functionally with our Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance and other teams to make sure we’re building functional, delightful, experiences for our customers.
- Though you’ll be working on all aspects of our platform, you’re interested in owning varying technical challenges.
- Worked at one or more eCommerce companies
- 5+ Years of software development experience
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails
- Led a team of engineers
- Building responsive websites with HTML5 and CSS3
- Using agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD & BDD principles.
- Version control using systems like Git.
- Using cloud technologies such as AWS or GCS.
- Relational data models.
- Shopify (nice to have!)
- Familiar with building things from scratch
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health plans
- Culture of learning
- Network of mentors
- Membership to three local museums
- Brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family